Want to Join Our Team?
Want to share your story? LMC is always on the hunt for creative, local moms who wants to share their experiences with our community. Write about those silly moments with your kids, a local business you just love, or a life changing experience you want to share with other moms. Become a team contributor!
We are looking for diverse voices to add to our team, which means we need YOUR voices! Our contributing team is made up of amazing local mamas who are committed to motherhood, Louisville, inclusiveness, and community. While we do our best to provide the team with perks and incentives for their involvement, this is a VOLUNTEER position designed for those who enjoy writing. The current commitment is just one post a month.
- Your name, kid details, & area of Louisville you live in
- Our mission is to have a team made up of diverse family situations, parenting perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, interests, skills, and more. What unique elements do feel you would add to our team?
- Why do you wish to be part of our writing team?
- What is your favorite part about raising a family in Louisville?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Show us your writing style! Please note: For consideration, the following criteria must be met. 1) Content must be original, which means it is YOUR work and it is UNPUBLISHED at this time. 2) No links to existing blogs or copy/pasted existing blog content will be considered. 3) Content should be in the 400-600 word range. 4) If selected, this example could be used as your first submission, so keep that in mind while you are writing. We are looking for a complete piece of writing, not bullets or ideas. We want to see a ready-to-publish submission so we know what to expect from you as a contributing author.
- Please provide a bio (<100 words) that would be used on our site to accompany your posts.
- Attach a head shot of yourself that would be used on our site.
If you are a local business owner and want to reach our audience, we’d love to talk to you about advertising options. We ask that guest bloggers refrain from writing about businesses with which they have a financial affiliation.
We will respond to all submissions within two weeks.